free Directory submission Bizarre Girl: Side Effect: Death

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Side Effect: Death

I suffered a cardiac arrest at age 26 after my doctor gave me 800 mg. Mellaril (Thioridizine). It is still on the market, and now cautions on the box that one of its side effects is "sudden death." 

MELLARIL® (THIORIDAZINE HCl) HAS BEEN SHOWN TO PROLONG THE QTc INTERVAL IN A DOSE RELATED MANNER, AND DRUGS WITH THIS POTENTIAL, INCLUDING MELLARIL (thioridazine hcl) , HAVE BEEN ASSOCIATED WITH TORSADE DE POINTES-TYPE ARRHYTHMIAS AND SUDDEN DEATH.  (http://www.rxlist.com/mellaril-drug.htm).



Two kitchen workers performed CPR on me after I had been clinically dead for over 5 minutes. (The cardiac arrest happened at an unaccredited hospital where no trained medical staff were working the night shift.)

After recovering, I asked the prescribing doctor (Ringo Rider, MD) why this had happened.  

His response was to hand me a gift:  His PDR (Physicians Desk Reference of medications). 

"I'm not very smart," he confessed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment